So yummy, so refreshing, and just another way to enjoy watermelon this summer! Enjoy this recipe! Perfect for the 4th of July or other small family/friend gatherings you may have throughout the summer like small groups at church or picnics!
- 2 cups mixed baby greens (I used lettuce from our garden, but an organic spring mix works great too!)
- 1 1/2 cups of organic arugula
- 3/4 cup cubed watermelon
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 3 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1/4 tsp fresh parsley, chopped (to garnish salad with at the end!) I used some from our garden!
- Honey Vinaigrette – 1/4 cup italian dressing, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp fresh orange juice, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, pinch of salt, pinch of ground black pepper.
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl for honey vinaigrette. Put in refrigerator until you are ready to add it to your salad.
- Assemble salad by mixing baby greens, arugula, cubed watermelon, chopped red onion.
- Fold in honey vinaigrette until mixed in fully.
- Top with feta cheese (optional) and parsley (optional). Store in refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it!
That’s it! I absolutely love this salad my mama introduced to me last year, and hope you enjoy it this summer with your family and friends!