Jimmy Dean Dip.
The easiest dip to make and is always a hit at any holiday party, NYE party, Super Bowl party… you name it, it’ll be even at that party, promise! 😉
This dip is NOT gluten-free, paleo, whole-30 approved… none of that, so if you’re looking for something like that, you won’t find it in this post, although I do try to eat foods normally that would fall under each of those categories. But sometimes, you just gotta live a little and dip the chip. 🙂
This dip is my most-asked about food item that I’ve shared in my stories throughout the last year, so as 2018 comes to a close, I thought I’d better share! 😉 My husband made it the other day for us, and he seemed surprised at how simple + fast it really is to make! So, here you go! Make and take it to your next holiday party you are heading to or NYE party! Bring it in your crockpot though, so it stays nice and warm for your guests to dip their chip into! 🙂
w h a t y o u n e e d . . .
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Original Sausage
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel diced tomatoes + green chilies (I typically get the no salt added one!)
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese (I get the kind in the rectangular block)
Feel free to double or triple this recipe for a larger group! If you are planning to have a party of 20+ people I would triple it.
w h a t t o d o . . .
- On medium heat, brown Jimmy Dean Sausage in large pot or large skillet with taller edges. Ground meat into bite size pieces as it browns.
- Once sausage is browned, add the block of cream cheese into the skillet or pot. Fold in until it has completely melted in with the JD sausage.
- Turn down stovetop to low, and lastly add in the can of Rotel tomatoes + chilies. No need to drain before hand. As you mix it in with the cream cheese + sausage it will soak in and help with the dip from getting too thick.
- Simmer together for a few minutes, then add into your crockpot on the “warm” setting, so that the dip stays hot for your guests.
That’s it! Truly, one of the easiest and tastiest dips. Tag me or share with me if you make and take it to one of your upcoming holiday + NYE parties! 🙂