All right you guys,
I was super randomly craving Ramen (ewww!) this past weekend while we were at my parents house. Raise your hand if you used to eat this stuff? (Raises hand!)… or maybe you still do? No judging here! I used to love this stuff. I remember many, many times having a bowl of this with a friend after school or later at night during a sleepover for a snack!
We all know Ramen isn’t the greatest of choices to have, and don’t even get me started on the sodium levels!! So- this week when I went grocery shopping I was DETERMINED to find a healthy alternative. I wasn’t even searching at the time in the store for ramen noodles, and all of a sudden they just showed up right in front of me on a shelf! It was meant to be!! I got so excited in the health food section at the grocery store, and I know I was surrounded by other foodie people who get equally excited about food as I (or that’s what I’m telling myself!).
So that afternoon, I was so eager to try them out. I basically looked in my cupboards to see what I think would help me get to a similar taste as normal Ramen, so it was definitely a gamble at how it would actually turn out. Well… I have to say, my concoctions I come up with don’t always turn out the greatest, but this Ramen was SO SO GOOD you guys! I was honestly so surprised. It was so fast and easy to whip up too, which as a mommy, is important!
So, without further adieu, here’s my healthy ramen recipe. I sure hope you give it a go, and let me know after what you thought of it! Comments on here would be so appreciated for personal feedback too! If you like what you read or have questions on anything, please feel free to comment or like any post you read on here. It helps me determine my audience’s taste better… figuratively, and for this type of post, literally!
HEALTHY RAMEN RECIPE:
Serving Size: 1 bowl of Ramen
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 “Organic Millet & Brown Rice Ramen” cake from Lotus Foods brand – gluten free, vegan, 8 g protein
- 1-2 scoops grass fed, organic beef bone broth collagen from Vital Proteins – 9 g collagen per scoop, paleo friendly, no MSG, low sodium, gluten free, whole30 approved
- 2 tbsp low sodium, gluten free chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Premium Nutritional Yeast Seasoning from Bragg brand – gluten free, salt free, sugar free, vegetarian
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or omit if you don’t like spice!)
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion (for garnish)
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil, then add in 1 ramen cake.
- Reduce heat to medium, when noodles start to unfold (about 1 minute), gently separate with a fork.
- Cook for another 3 minutes or until noodles are soft.
- Strain or fork out noodles into a bowl. (I forked them out and added in just a little bit of the boiling water from the pot for my broth)
- Add 1-2 scoops of Vital Proteins collagen beef bone broth and stir in completely with noodles and water.
- Add 2 tbsp low sodium, gluten free chicken broth and 1 tsp garlic salt, and 2 tbsp Bragg’s nutritional yeast seasoning, stir together completely.
- Finally, top your ramen with 1-2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes and garnish chopped green onion on top.
I hope you enjoy this healthy alternative to ramen! Please let me know how it goes when you try it out!