Yesterday was our last full day in our first home. I’m thankful this Thanksgiving holiday for our first home and all the precious memories that were made in it. It was hard to narrow it down, but here is a list I have been thinking about throughout the day as I’ve been packing and preparing to say goodbye to this first home that has been such a blessing to us!
- I didn’t move in with Dakota into this home until we were married. I’m thankful that I became a wife to my sweet Dakota and shared this home with him, my precious husband!
- We brought home our first “baby”, fur baby that is, to this house. I’m thankful for how she has grown and found her place in our little fam over the past 3 years living here.
- We brought home our firstborn precious daughter to this house. That is a treasured memory we will never forget, and I’m so thankful for!
- There were many quiet times spent learning and digging in to God’s word in this home that has enriched and transformed my personal relationship with God individually, with my husband, in bible studies hosted here, and shepherding and ministering to high school students alongside my husband, all in this house, all of which I’m eternally grateful for.
- There have been lots, and lots of warm, delicious coffee cups had in this home as the sun was coming up.
- Many quick trips to the park to run, bike, play basketball, play fetch, and play on the playground were had living in this home.
- We’ve watched our child grow over the first year of her life in this home, and we’ve been very blessed to watch and take part in that growth most of those days all together. I am so thankful for this.
- We’ve build friendships with our community and church family that have spent time here in this home and there at there homes that I will greatly miss, and so thankful for those friendships and relationships that were made and grown over the last few years here.
- I’ve grown in my relationship with my husband in this home. Learning together, growing together as husband and wife. Sometimes in easy ways and in other ways hard. I’m forever thankful for him and our love for one another.
- I’ve become a wife and mother while in this home. I am forever grateful for these roles that God’s entrusted to me, and I pray that He would only continue to mold me into the godly wife and mother I hope to become as we move to our new home.
That’s it. That’s all she wrote. Literally. Our personal bags are packed. The moving company is here. We closed on our house yesterday, November 20th, 2017. The renovations at Valley View Farm are about to begin. We’re off to spend Thanksgiving with my family this weekend before our new adventure begins. I hope that wherever this finds you that you can reflect on your own life and see how God has transformed and molded you this past year, these past few years, and see how many blessings you have to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Have a wonderful weekend, however you’re spending it, friends!
& Happy Thanksgiving to you! 🙂