HAPPY November everyone!
I just love this month. November is filled with extra doses of thankfulness, don’t you think? I love the anticipation for Thanksgiving- time with family and loved ones, which leads immediately into the exciting frenzy of gearing up for the Christmas season, which is my favorite Holiday.
I wanted to share this recipe I previewed on my Instagram stories yesterday, because so many of you were asking for it! I used the recipe that Vital Proteins provided for me, but I didn’t have all of the ingredients they had noted for the Anti-Inflammatory Gummy Bears recipe, so I improvised, and they still turned out amazing and tasted SO so delicious! Collins woke up from nap and (of course) daddy pulled them out of the fridge immediately for her to try. She could not stop coming back to the counter to get just one more gummy bear in between her laps around the house (she is a busy gal these days!).
It was SUPER easy to make (I did everything while Collins was awake + eating lunch in her chair), and they were SUPER tasty and packed with SUPER foods. The Beef Gelatin is an amazing supplement to add into your diet, and this is such a fun way to incorporate it. It is an amazing digestive aide for your body, along with containing 20 g collagen per serving. Beef Gelatin keeps bones healthy and strong, contributes to overall gut health, helps maintain weight, and reduces inflammation. WOW! That isn’t even everything either. It also promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails, and overall sleep quality- which I need some major help with lately!
I had some leftover, so I poured it into a small cruesette dish to make a small bowl of jello also! We saved that for this morning. 🙂
So- here’s the recipe. I hope you enjoy it! You can find Vital Protein’s full version of the recipe here over on their blog too!
Anti-Inflammatory Gummy Bears (adapted from Vital Proteins recipe)
Yields: Roughly 2 Gummy Bear Container Molds or 1 Large Glass Bowl
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon (I didn’t have fresh, so I used 100% lemon juice from the bottle I had in the fridge)
- 4 tbsp Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 3 cups fresh or thawed frozen berries of your choice (I only had enough berries in the fridge for 2 c and used mostly blueberries with a few raspberries and blackberries- 2 cups was still plenty!)
- 2-4 tbsp honey depending on how sweet you prefer them. I used 4 😉
- 2 tsp grated ginger (did not have this so I omitted it)
- 1 large pinch of sea salt
- 600 mg magnesium or magnesium/potassium blend (did not have this either so I omitted it)
- In a separate dish, mix lemon juice and beef gelatin together. Set aside to let the gelatin bloom for 3 minutes and prepare berry blend.
- In a blender or food processor (I just used my Ninja Bullet) blend together berries, honey, ginger, and sea salt until smooth.
- OPTIONAL: Strain and press juice with a mesh strainer to catch seeds from berry mix. Do this over a small sauce pan, so that catches the juice you’ll have to heat next and discard seeds.
- On medium-low heat in a small sauce pan, heat berry mix. Add in lemon/beef gelatin mix (it should be solid at this point). Stir continuously until the gelatin is melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the magnesium, if using it.
- Pour into silicone molds or a large glass dish for jello.
- Put in fridge for 2 hours for molds and 4 for large dish. If you use little creuset bowls like I did, those are ready in 2 hours also!
So there’s that! 🙂
November 1 also means NO SHAVE NOVEMBER… any wives/girlfriends cringe about that? My husband grows a mean beard, so shaving completely bare is a no-go for him, but, he did shave it down enough, because he is participating in the #VPBEARDGOALS challenge that Vital Proteins started TODAY! The challenge is, while you’re growing out your beard for no shave November, you also use the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides every day for a month to see if it helps with overall beard growth. By using the hashtag #VPBEARDGOALS you automatically enter yourself to win a massive prize of goods for Collagen Peptides straight from VP! They’ll pick a winner at the end of the competition. Wanna hop in? It’s easy! Order online on the VP website or Amazon, or head to your local health foods store like a Whole Foods and purchase one canister of Collagen Peptides (bright blue container!). Start adding it into your morning coffee, smoothies, soups, whatever for the next month and snap a photo (don’t even have to show your whole face), but just make sure you use the hashtag somewhere in the caption or on a separate comment! Happy beard growing to all your hubby’s and significant other’s out there, ladies!! And, encourage them, they’ll love the challenge even more!