Happy Tuesday friends! I absolutely love Dana’s Chocolate Chip Almond Butter Granola Bars over at Minimalist Baker, but wanted to make energy bites instead this week for a quick and easy breakfast or snack around the house. So, I made this recipe my own by tweaking some of the amounts and adding in a few ingredients to create these quick and easy Dates and Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bites!
To make these you will need:
* 1 cup packed dates, pitted
* 1/2 cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave for vegan option)
* 1/2 cup almond butter (if unsalted, add a healthy pinch sea salt)
* 1 cup raw nuts (such as pecans and almonds)
* 2 cups rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
* 1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (dairy free to keep vegan)
* 1 tbsp chia seeds
* 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
* Coconut flakes (optional)
1. Pit and blend dates in food processor or Vitamix until dates form a large ball. Don’t overblend them or they will get too sticky to work with.
2. Add honey + AB to small sauce pan and heat up just to warm and mix.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine dates, oats, chia seeds, nuts, chocolate chips, Collagen Peptides.
4. When Honey and AB is warmed, mix and add to bowl.
5. Blend all ingredients with a wooden spoon until combined.
6. With a small ice cream scoop or hand, roll combined ingredients into small balls. Can roll them into coconut flakes.
7. Place balls in air tight container in fridge when not enjoying them!
That’s it! These energy bites are quick to make and also quick to eat when you’re on the go or in a hurry!
Enjoy my friends!